Thursday, March 08, 2012

'The Devils of D-Day


I have been a fan of the novels of Graham Masterton ever since I picked up a copy of The Devils of D-Day when I was about fourteen years of age. I only realised later that I had been aware of his work through the film, The Manitou, which was based on his first book and released in 1978. To be fair, it's not a great movie, but it gives you some idea of the creativity in Masterton's work. His books are very visual and conjure images that should be easily transferred onto the big screen.
For some reason, though, only his first book traversed the divide between the printed page and the silver screen.
I have published a full script treatment for The Devils of D-Day. I have reworked the story into the popular genre of 'found-footage'. The first-person narrative of the book lends itself well to that particular style of film-making, I believe.
So, have a read and let me know what you think. If Graham Masterton is reading this, I do not mean to bend any copyright. I am merely a fan entertaining a dream of seeing Graham's work on the screen once more.